They can also be used in a lot of different ways.
The quality and durability of plastic cards means they are used in lots of situations. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Since they have so many uses, businesses can get advantages from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce landfill use and old card waste by recycling old plastic cards into new cards.
- Of course, some cards will inevitably wind up in the trash. That's why PVC cards are now available that will decompose naturally within a few years when kept in soil.
- One really good way of reducing your environmental impact is to make use of eco-friendly recycled business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
To learn more about plastic card printing, ask any questions or get a price quote, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Most plastic card printers are different, and to find the one which satisfies your business needs, you might have to research them carefully.
We offer the best value in plastic card printing that you'll find anywhere. Plastic Card ID offers: Get award-winning customer service from experienced ID card professionals.
Choose from the best printer brands by using our easy-to-navigate website.
Honest product reviews from real customers Pay only half of what you expected with our everyday low prices. Trust our experts for knowledgeable support before, during and after you make your purchase.
5 Key Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer can be a challenge – consider these 5 factors to make it easier. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in single or double-sided models.
Single-sided cost less, but require manual flipping and re-printing on the backside of the cards. Dual sided card printers will save time on large batches. 2) Reverse Transfer vs Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
They use a ribbon with panels to infuse color onto the card, but often leave a tiny white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers, also called re-transfer printers, use a ribbon and transfer film. They give a higher-quality and full bleed print (with no border). 3) Volume Requirements
Companies with large batches will need printers with large hopper sized, fast print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies that only print small amounts can save money by purchasing a handfed only printer, or printers without high volume features. 4. Lamination and visual security Laminating ID cards increases durability and cost of ID cards. But it is necessary for cards that are handled regularly or swiped through a machine or reader.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
There are other ways to add visual security to cards that are less expensive, such as watermarks, holographic cardstock, and holographic stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be directly connected to a PC with a USB cable.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. You can also connect to a network to print using multiple computers, but be sure to select a printer with an Ethernet connection. What exactly are PVC ID card printers?
Nearly all plastic ID card printers use PVC plastic.
Polyvinyl chloride is a popular equivalent for plastic these days, and even though you probably think first of pipes and construction, PVC happens to be a very durable plastic which is perfect for printing ID cards. If you're looking to print any kind of card or photo ID, you'll probably be using a PVC printer. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. The two most common types of printers are "dye sublimation" and "reverse transfer" models. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation printing is probably the most popular method of printing cards and uses an ink ribbon with panels for the three primary colors (yellow, cyan, and magenta).
As the card is printing, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink on the ribbon where needed, and transfers it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation usually only applies to color PVC card printers; black and white PVC card printers call this process resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: The Evolis Badgy200 is offered at the LOWEST Priced Color Plastic Card Printer in the marketplace today.
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordably priced color plastic card printer available today.
This is a single-sided printer that allows for printing on card backs as an option.
This single-sided printer can print on both sides! Simply manually flip the card over and run it through on the backside of the card after the initial printing.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badge Studio card personalization software, a plastic card printer, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for up to 100 print jobs.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. Printing on Demand Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards quickly and independently!
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. TIME-EFFICIENT
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You’re able to import data from a database, adding information to your card designs with ease, and launch a print run of your badges with including variable data.
MORE ROBUST BRANDING
The Badgy200 generates personalized plastic cards with professional printing, allowing you to highlight your organization’s brand image.
USER-FRIENDLY Simple to get up and running, the Badgy200 is no tougher to work than a printer.
All you have to do is load the cards in the feeder and collect them from the hopper, which are both located on the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite software, you can control the printer from your computer with notifications. It’s easy to install the Badgy print ribbons, and your computer automatically recognizes them.
The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, which means it will easily fit into nearly any workspace.
- This printer weighs a mere 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Print your own cards securely and quickly with Badgy anytime you need them. Every print run will turn out the same professional results and exceptional visual quality. No matter what the application, Badgy handles it on demand.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your badges in color with professional quality and, even better, you print the badges you want when and where you want!
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and works like any office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can be used comfortably in any office space.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to help you print superior-quality color badges with ease.
- The Badgy200 fulfills all of your business’s card-related needs, from event badges to printing single cards for one-time promotions.
- Badgy200 fills all your needs for graphic personalization and fast card production, whether you need a single card or multiple cards in small batches.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes the Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the required printer driver.
- You will be able to design and print professional-quality, edge-to-edge badges or ID cards with the included software.
- You only need a basic familiarity with PC or Macintosh computers to have Badgy up and going in mere minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software will enable you to manage your printer right from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including the printer driver, Badge Studio Plus software, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is an affordable solution, perfect for low volume card printing applications. This system a complete solution for both novice and experienced users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
A consumables pack that includes a ribbon and plastic cards
A consumables pack, including a ribbon and plastic cards
Badgy comes with a 25-card tray for input/output, top-side ribbon reloading, and power connection with USB port in the rear.
Additionally, the LCD control panel makes the printer easy to operate.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 creates full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print readable barcodes.
Whether you print one or 100 cards, the overall cost of printing cards is impressively low and easy on your overall budget.
You can save even more money (and power) with the hibernation mode.
The Evolis Badgy200 utilizes thermal transfer and dye sublimation to produce prints using 2 million colors, at 300 dpi.
It's also very fast with a color YMCKO print speed of around 95 cards each hour, with a monochrome speed of approximately 325 cards in an hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with the Evolis Badgy whenever and wherever you need them – individually or as a group! Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges